Saturday, January 17, 2009

Karate Chop

Josh was promoted to Advanced Brown Belt at his Karate graduation today. I am so proud of him and hope that one day he will understand the dedication and motivation it took to get him to this point. And I'm just talking about me!

The next belt is the ultimate Black Belt and anybody who's seen Karate Kid once or eighty-five times knows that it is the highest ranking belt in Karate. And anybody who watched Karate Kid knows that it means his very body is a weapon. Now that I think about it, I don't think Josh has ever seen Karate Kid. I know it's on various cable channels once every couple of weeks so we should be able to watch it soon.

Anyway, it's taken us five years to advance to this level and it will probably take at least a year to achieve his Black Belt. So another year of kicking and screaming. Another year of whining and carrying on about having to go to class. But some year he will thank me for not letting him give up and for pushing him to finish what he started...I pray.

Josh is getting his new belt tied on by his school instructor.


We jokingly referred to this belt as the advanced "tan" belt since it seems to be a much lighter shade than the usual brown. We'll take it though!


We celebrated Josh's success with lunch at the best place on earth. I was going to post a picture of my plate of goodness but I forgot to take one. It's safe to say I pretty much had a one-track mind at that point.

Congratulations Josh! I love you and I am so very proud of you!

No comments: