Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's Time to Memorize Another Verse

This post was originally started 4 days ago. We are finishing up Spring Break so I just couldn't get to it. I had such a great time with my family this week and I can't wait until summer when we can hang out all day everyday again. I am excited to go biking and swimming and introducing Andy to swings and playgrounds and watching him and Josh play together outside splashing in the kiddie pool. I am looking forward to getting my garden built, plotted, and growing. It will go by really fast so I want to enjoy and savor each day.

Psalm 139 (NIV)
O LORD, you have searched me and you know me 2You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. 4Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.

5You hem me in-behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. 6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?

_______________________________________

This week Gramps began chemotherapy and radiation therapy to help shrink his tumor. He seems to be handling it fine and was sent home with some anti-nausea medication if he needs it. His spirits are good and he still has some energy.

Last Thursday, my cousin BreAnna gave birth to twins; a girl named Erin and a boy named Eli. They were very healthy and able to go home in a matter of days. BreAnna also has a 17 month old girl named Adi. She is going to be one busy mama! I don't envy her at all. Well, truthfully, I am jealous that she has twins but I'm not sure that I would want to be in her position as a single mom with three in diapers. Heck, I wouldn't want to be in her position as a married mom with a supportive husband. I have my hands full already!

Sometime last week, as I was cleaning up the kitchen, I heard the absence of noise from our rather noisy baby and I thought to myself "Uh oh. What's going on in the living room?"
This is what I found when I went to investigate. Andy had removed a lot of dirt from the pot behind him and heaped a big pile of it onto the floor. As you can see, he helped himself to a little bit of it too. He is such a mess!
I have been playing around with the iPhoto editing features on my MacBook but when I download the photos to my blog they don't seem to look any different. I finally figured out that I have to click on the "Done" button when I have finished editing them. Amazing concept! Thus the same picture twice for my own viewing pleasure. I am puffed up with pride for myself right now because I managed to finally notice the "Done" button! I know. It doesn't take much.

No comments: