Sunday, February 15, 2009

Memorization

Last December, Angie Smith had a scripture memorization "challenge" on her blog. I was so excited to be a part and to "hide" God's Word in my heart.

I made it through verse 8.

Out of 24.

Then I gave up. I'm not sure why but I think it's because I didn't make the passage readily available and I got lazy about looking it up. I fell behind and became discouraged with myself.

Beth Moore is conducting a year long Scripture memorization "program" on her blog. You choose a verse to memorize on the 1st and 15th of every month and record it.I am a bit late in starting it for the year but I plan on catching up these next two weeks with the first 4 verses.

I will memorize Psalm 139 (NIV) which was the passage that Angie had chosen. It has 24 verses which is perfect for the year and it is very affirming of God's love for me.

So here we go! I mean, here I go!

Psalm 139:1-4(NIV)
1O Lord, You have searched me and You know me
2You know when I sit and when I rise: You perceive my thoughts from afar
3You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways
4Before a word is on my tongue You know it completely, O Lord

This should be very doable and there will be reminders on her blog to keep me on track. I am excited to learn what God has to teach me through His Word.

No comments: